Since 1990, SRMUN, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Since early 2012, Michael serves as a staff member for the conferences based in Atlanta, Georgia, and Charlotte, North Carolina. Responsibilities as a staff member include writing and editing a background guide for an assigned committee and assist in providing the rules of procedures during the conference, where hundreds of collegiate students participate.
As the Director-General for the SRMUN Charlotte 2017 conference, Michael has been tasked to hire more than a dozen staffers and lead them to a year-round writing and procedural process for the hundreds of collegiate students attending the ever-growing Charlotte conference. With the collaboration of the Deputy Director-General, Michael secured the best retention rate among the hired staffers.
SRMUN Staff Conferences:
- SRMUN 2017 – Atlanta: Director: Group of Twenty
- SRMUN 2017 – Charlotte: Director-General
- SRMUN 2016 – Charlotte: Deputy Director-General
- SRMUN 2015 – Charlotte: Director: General Assembly Plenary
- SRMUN 2014 – Atlanta: Director: United Nations Children’s Fund
- SRMUN 2014 – Charlotte: Director – League of Arab States
- SRMUN 2013 – Atlanta: Assistant Director – Group of 77
- SRMUN 2013 – Charlotte: Assistant Director – United Nations Environment Programme
- SRMUN 2013 – Charlotte: Research Assistant – Security Council
- SRMUN 2012 – Atlanta: Assistant Director – Human Rights Council
- SRMUN 2012 – Atlanta: Research Assistant – Security Council
SRMUN 2017 – Atlanta: Group of Twenty
SRMUN 2014 – Atlanta: United Nations Children’s Fund
SRMUN 2014 – Charlotte: League of Arab States – Topic II: The Impact of Terrorism in the League of Arab States (page 13)
SRMUN 2013 – Atlanta: Group of 77 – Committee History and Topic I: Examining the Impact of Terrorism on the Economic Growth of Devleoping Nations (page 2)
Although uncredited, Michael has contributed to two topics for SRMUN’s Security Council committees.
SRMUN 2013 – Charlotte: Topic II: Addressing the Humanitarian Situation in Sudan (page 9)
SRMUN 2012 – Atlanta: Topic VI: Ensuring Access to Water (page 16)